The director of An Oversimplification of Her Beauty lists his
ten favorite films from the last ten years.
-in alphabetical order-
1. (T)error (Lyric R. Cabral, David Felix Sutcliffe, 2015, USA)
2. The Band’s Visit (Eran Kolirin, 2007, Israel)
3. Boy (Taika Waititi, 2010, New Zealand)
4. Children of Men (Alfonso Cuarón, 2006, Mexico)
5. Dave Chappelle’s Block Party (Michel Gondry, 2006, USA)
6. Dheepan (Jacques Audiard, 2015, France)
7. Fruitvale Station (Ryan Coogler, 2013, USA)
8. It Follows (David Robert Mitchell, 2014, USA)
9. Medicine for Melancholy (Barry Jenkins, 2008, USA)
10. A Separation (Asghar Farhadi, 2011, Iran)
11. Timbuktu (Abderrahmane Sissako, 2014, Mali)
12. When the Levees Broke (Spike Lee, 2006, USA)
To learn more about Terence Nance’s work, including his acclaimed short films, visit http://terencenance.com.
10/10 is an ongoing series in which we ask cinephiles to name their
ten favorite films from the last ten years (currently, between 2006 and 2016).